By Rainer Gruessner, Enrico Benedetti
A entire, technique-oriented consultant to belly organ transplantation
A Doody's center identify for 2015!
Valuable to the pro and amateur transplant physician in addition to the multidisciplinary crew that has a tendency to either the residing donor and the recipient of belly organs, Living Organ Donor Transplantation places the complete self-discipline in point of view whereas guiding you step by step during the most typical organ transplant surgical procedures.
Organized into 4 cohesive components and that includes quite a few surgical illustrations, this sourcebook promises an incisive examine each key attention for basic surgeons who practice transplantations, from sufferer choice to recipient workup and results, and emphasizes the main humanitarian approaches.
- The first A-to-Z, operation-oriented advisor to the sphere of dwelling donor organ transplantation
- Unparalleled exam of a large spectrum of reliable organ transplantation tactics (liver, pancreas, kidney, intestine), with accompanying chapters at the historical past of the approach, the donor, the recipient, and value research
- Skill-building insurance of concepts that explains sufficient pretransplant workup and posttransplant care
- Chapters on cultural variations, moral and felony concerns, social concerns, present monetary incentives, and the unlawful organ trade
- Up-to-date survey of the longer term probabilities of organ transplantation, protecting new immunosuppressive protocols, xenotransplantation, gene remedy, organogenesis and healing cloning, and more
- Reflections from pioneers within the field